Our lashes are 100% real mink and designed to be worn at least 25 times. Lashes from our collections can be washed to remove makeup, dirt, and oil from the mink hairs. Follow these simple steps to gently cleanse your mink lashes.
- Gently hold the lash hairs between your fingers (pointer and thumb) so the lash band is at the top.
- Carefully remove any excess adhesive from the lash band using a pair of tweezers. (Be sure not to rip or damage the lash band)
- Remove the adhesive from your tweezers as needed.
- Place your mink lashes into 1 cup of warm soapy water using a few dots of baby shampoo.
- Allow your lashes to soak in the warm soapy water for 3-5 minutes.
- Keeping the lashes submerged in the warm soapy water, use one hand to hold the lash in place (by the lash band) with a pair of tweezers.
- With the other hand, place a spoolie at the top of the lash.
- In a downward motion, brush any adhesive and /or mascara away from the lash hairs.
- Remove the lashes from the soapy water.
- Gently pat your lashes dry with a paper towel.
- Place a spoolie at the top of the lash and gently brush the lash hairs in a downward motion.
- Place your mink lashes back into your Lash Theory Collection beauty tray to dry and preserve the shape.
Tip: While cleaning your lashes is the goal, understand that all the adhesive may not come off – and that’s ok. In fact, a little left-over adhesive will help your lashes stick better during your next application. Remember, it is more important to preserve your lashes rather than compromise the band or the mink hairs by trying to remove every bit of adhesive.